Our responsibilities to you:
- We are committed to giving you the best possible service.
- You have the right to be treated with courtesy by the doctors and the practice staff.
- You have the right to confidentiality.
- You will be seen at short notice for an emergency consultation. Appointments must be made for routine check-ups.
- We will try to ensure that you are seen on time, but some consultations take longer than others and we have no way of knowing about this in advance. If there is a patient with an emergency or serious problem we will give them priority.
On the occasions when we are running late, an explanation will be given to you by the receptionist.
- Patients who request repeat prescriptions must give at least 2 days’ notice before collection, not counting Saturday and Sunday.
- We have the right to remove patients from our list if they repeatedly and persistently ignore their responsibilities to us and other patients.
Your responsibilities to us:
- Please consider your responsibilities to the practice and to the other patients who use our services.
- We ask that you treat all members of the practice team with courtesy and respect.
- Please do not ask for a home visit unless the patient is physically unable to be brought to the surgery.
- On the occasions when we do run late, please be patient, because on another occasion it might be you that needs extra time. Please do not blame the receptionist.
- Please remember don’t abuse the system by using the emergency provisions for non-urgent matters or imply that something is urgent if it is not.
- Please cancel appointments that you cannot attend or no longer require – another patient could use this appointment slot.
- Please remember that doctors are only human – they cannot solve all your problems and some illnesses cannot be cured.
- If you do have a genuine complaint, please contact the Practice Manager in the first instance. This is the quickest way to solve problems.